Saturday, May 23, 2009

Welcome to Summer Menu

While I think that I do an OK job in the kitchen, one thing that I still haven't tried is the grill. Chuck does a fabulous job at everything on the grill, and I love parties in the warm weather where he handles the outside and I just take care of everything inside (usually salads pulled right from the fridge!). But I decided this weekend that it was time to take the plunge - I wanted Chuck to show me how to grill. Well, at least how to turn it on!

This menu has a few add-ons that work if you are cooking for a bigger crowd. I love that almost everything can be prepped in advance, and the hard work is done by the grillmaster, who can also have an enjoyable time with a glass of beer (Chuck) or lemonade (me, for now!) in his or her hand. Stay tuned for the recipes!

Appetizers
  • Hummus with pita chips
  • Tomato and garlic bruschetta with crostini
  • Option: Chicken poppers with honey mustard sauce

Dinner

Dessert

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Dinner menu sounds perfect Coleen!

Ginger said...

Everything sounds YUMMY! I am the griller in my house! I think I will have to put my husband in charge of that from now on. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

I let my husband do the grilling too... but we don't have one here yet! I definitely want to get one and make some of this stuff!