Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

This post is for my dad since this past weekend he asked me about the lack of meat dishes on my blog lately, like pork and beef. Well, between my aversion to certain types of food in the first trimester to Chuck's high cholesterol, I guess I haven't really been basing my meals around meat lately. But I remembered I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer and asked around on my cooking board for a yummy way to prepare it.

CLStar at Cook Like a Champion suggested her dish to me and it looked quick enough for a weeknight and delicious enough to give it a whirl, so I did! Chuck and I were pleased with this. It actually ended up being a little dry but I think that's because I need to cook meat until well done because of the babette and we all know certain meats are better when they taste a little less like shoe leather. The crust was delicious and it was simple enough to make.

I did change some herbs in the dry rub from the original recipe but I really think the ones CLStar suggests would be better so I will link you right to her recipe:

Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

6 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I love cooking pork tenderloin. It is so falvorful and versatile. This dry rub sounds absolutely fantastic!

Anonymous said...

thank you dear-rwh

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Now THAT looks like a delicious pork tenderloin!! YUM!

Maria said...

Cooked to perfection!

Melissa said...

I needed something just this simple for dinner ideas for tonight and Wednesday. Looks great!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Dry rubs are my preferred way to go over marinades... and I love the crust it gives meats too. Looks delicious!