Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tortellini Salad, but not

This pasta salad comes from Brooke, who makes it with tortellini. But tortellini can be filling, as well as more expensive than a regular box of pasta, so when I needed to make this in a large quantity I chose to use campanelle.

It was really delicious and the great thing with this recipe is that you can switch out ingredients for ones you like more, use a different dressing, or change the pasta shape to your liking!

Tortellini Salad, but not
slightly adapted from ...and a cookie for dessert
Makes 8-10 side dish servings

2 bags frozen cheese tortellini or 1 pound pasta (campanelle)
1 small can sliced black olives, coarsely chopped
7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
6.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
8 ounces sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

Toss pasta in a large bowl with olives, peppers, and artichokes. Toss with dressing and Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill for 1-4 hours. Add mozzarella, gently combine, and add more dressing if necessary. Chill until ready to serve.

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I think this sounds great - with regular pasta or with tortellini!

Kristen616 said...

Looks and sounds fabulous! I really need to make a nice, hearty pasta dish one of these days!

Donna-FFW said...

I am printing this out. I love tortellini in a salad, and all these add ins must make it fantastic!

The Blonde Duck said...

Pasta and a cookie? I'd be in heaven!

Pam said...

I love pasta salad - yours looks delicious.

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Lovely recipe! YUM!

Sara said...

Looks delicious! I can see how this would be a great flavor combination.

gaga said...

I love fun pasta shapes like campanelle. I agree that tortellini can be really filling. I think I like your version better :)