Sunday, May 17, 2009

Warm Bacon Cheese Dip


If you are a regular reader of my blog, you probably can tell by now that I love appetizers. Any and all kinds. But my favorite might have to be the warm, cheesy dip. It's usually easy to prepare, hard to mess it up, and serves a lot of people!

This dip was delicious, and although I made some changes to the original, I really recommend you check out the original site. Priscilla bakes hers in a bread bowl, which I think is a great idea; I just didn't get to the store to buy one. Even if you make it in a regular dish like I did though, it is very good, with lots of nice cheesey, bacon-y flavor!

Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
adapted from Priscilla Bakes
Makes about 6-8 servings

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (4 ounce) package REAL Bacon Bits
1/2 cup chopped green onions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand-held mixer until fluffy. Add the sour cream, shredded cheese, and Worcestershire sauce and stir until combined. Stir in the bacon and green onions.

Spread into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until dip is bubbly and turning golden brown on the edges. Serve with crackers, bread, and/or veggies.

7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds like a fantastic dip.. one that evryone would just dive right into!!

Maria said...

Bacon and cheese, my hubs will be in heaven!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great dip! If bacon is involved, it has to be good!

kathleen & tom said...

Yum! I'm pretty sure I could survive on appetizers.

The Blonde Duck said...

Cheese and bacon? Sign me up!

elly said...

Mmm bacon and cheese, can't go wrong there! I also love that the creaminess in this doesn't come from mayo. Yay! :)

A Delightful Life said...

Hey there! I'm a new follower and I love your blog! Everything looks great. I can't wait to try this dip it looks amazing!