Sunday, August 24, 2008

Zucchini Pie

Amy, over at Dinners for a Year and Beyond, is a personal chef and basically has my dream job. She is able to spend her days cooking for others and then comes home and cooks more amazing meals for her own family. I asked her about what it takes to become a personal chef and received some great advice back from her. Maybe one day!

Her blog is one that I often save recipes from, and this recipe for Zucchini Pie looked delicious so I couldn't wait to try it. It comes together fairly quickly and is a great blend of vegetables and cheeses. I apologize for the horrific picture of the fully baked pie, but my guests were waiting to eat and I only had a second to get a photo!

Zucchini Pie
Dinners for a Year and Beyond
Makes 8 servings

1 pie crust, unbaked
Dijon mustard
1/4 cup butter
4 cups sliced zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini)
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese, I used a combination of mild cheddar and mozzarella
2 large eggs, beaten

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Line a pie plate with the pie crust and brush with Dijon mustard. Set aside.


Melt butter in a large saute pan and add zucchini and onion. Saute for about 8 minutes. Add the parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic salt. Toss to coat.


Cool slightly and then add cheese and eggs and mix. Pour into the prepared pie crust and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving

Before

After...and in a hurry to eat!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Yum! I also recently learned a trick for veggie quiche - spread some roasted garlic over the crust like the dijon used here. Super yummy! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea! I love the deep pie with all the veggies in it! we'll have to try this!!