Sunday, August 24, 2008

Simple Sangria

While in the bookstore the other day (in the cookbook section of course!) I was browsing through Williams-Sonoma Entertaining: Cocktail Parties and saw the recipe below for sangria.

A lot of recipes I have seen and tried for sangria involve making a simple syrup or soaking the fruit overnight; so the simplicity of this recipe made me want to try it immediately. I made it for the dinner party and neglected to get any pictures of it, sorry!

While my guests were drinking it there were commenting on how you could not taste any alcohol in it, that was how well the flavors blended together. If you are making this in advance, I would recommend not adding the ginger ale until right before serving so it doesn't go flat. Enjoy!

Simple Sangria

1 750mL bottle dry red wine (I like to use Chianti)
1 cup ginger ale
1 cup brandy
1 cup triple sec
3 cups orange juice
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Combine first 5 ingredients. Add fruit slices and ice, mix together. Chill until serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! YUM! YUM!! I LOOOOVE a good sangria! Sounds wonderful!