Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shoepeg Salsa

This stuff is GOOD. I saw it on The Sisters' Cafe, a blog where five sisters all post their favorite recipes on the blog. So that leads to a lot of different ideas!

I was a little nervous about the black-eyed peas since I had never eaten them before, but they just blended in with the corn and the French dressing really stands out. I only used half of a red onion since it is such a strong taste but everything else stayed exactly the same!

Shoepeg Salsa
The Sisters' Cafe
Makes a LOT

2 cans shoepeg corn (drained)
1 can blackeyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 purple or sweet onion, diced
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup wishbone robust italian dressing
1/2 cup wishbone sweet and spicy french dressing

Combine all and enjoy!

I liked it with Tostitos Scoops:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I've never been into black eyed peas either, but this looks like something I'd love to try!