Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lemon Artichoke Pesto

This appetizer is so fresh and light and easy to make; it is definitely one of my new go-to recipes! Neither the artichoke nor the lemon is overpowering, and you can choose the texture based on how many times you pulse the food processor. Make sure to use a good quality olive oil because you will really taste the fruitiness of it in the pesto.

I attended an appetizer class this past winter and took home a whole stack of recipes that I have used again and again. I have no idea where the original idea for this came from, so I apologize in advance for the lack of citation!

I like to serve this with untoasted baguette slices; but it would also be great with crostini or water crackers.


Lemon Artichoke Pesto
Makes about 2 cups

1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Quarter the artichoke hearts. Place in food processor and pulse a few times. Add remaining ingredients and pulse a few more times. You want the consistency to be small enough to use as a spread for dipping, but not pureed.

This can be made up to a day in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous ide! I LOVE artichoke and lemon and this presentation looks wonderful!