Saturday, August 16, 2008

Banana Coconut Muffins

During my daily browsing of the updates on my Google Reader, I saw this recipe over at The Way the Cookie Crumbles. Bananas are a favorite fruit of Chuck's and I had some coconut that was lounging around in my pantry, so I decided these would be a good move. And yum!, I am glad I decided on them. The muffins are moist and light, with both the banana and coconut making their presence known without being too overwhelming.

My new favorite toy is my cookie scooper from Amy so I use that to make muffins as well. Mine measures 1 T. and I use two scoops in each muffin tin. As a result, this recipe gave me 12 muffins instead of 8.

Banana Coconut Muffins
Epicurious
Makes 8

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cup)
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Special equipment: a muffin tin with 8 (1/2-cup) muffin cups; paper liners

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin cups with liners.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.

Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Banana and coconut are two of my favorite flavors!