Sunday, August 24, 2008

Goat Cheese Truffles

I was looking for an easy and light appetizer to serve at our dinner party this past weekend. My Recipes is a great place to go and browse around if you are looking for ideas. The goat cheese truffles jumped out at me because who doesn't love goat cheese? It is a creamy, soft, delicious cheese that tastes good with just about everything (have I sold you on it yet?).

I served these with mixed marinated olives instead of the figs and apricots the recipe suggests. Toasting the pecans gives them more flavor and takes only a few minutes on the stove top.


Goat Cheese Truffles
Southern Living
Makes 6 appetizer servings

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4-oz.) container crumbled goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
Dried figs
Dried apricots

Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).

Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in pecans. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with dried figs and apricots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I HAVE to make these for my next dinner. They looks absolutely AMAZING!!! I love this spread!