Thursday, October 1, 2009

Princess Brownies

I have no idea why these are called Princess Brownies; all I know is that my mom has been making them as long as I remember. They are super easy to make since they use a brownie mix, but they taste delicious every time.

If you like chocolate and you like cheesecake, you will love these! They are great for the upcoming holidays as well!

Princess Brownies
from Jo's Kitchen
Makes 24 brownies

1 package brownie mix, your choice
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with cooking spray for baking.

Prepare brownie mix in large bowl as directed on box. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; mix well with hand mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla.

Spread 1/2 of the brownie batter over the bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with cream cheese mixture. Spoon on remaining brownie batter. Cut through with butter knife to marbelize.

Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into 24 bars.

6 comments:

Maria said...

They look good to me! I would pay for one. ha!

BMK said...

These look great! Easy too!

Anonymous said...

Not only do these look GREAT but I LOVE the name!! :D

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are definitely lovely!

Donna-FFW said...

Simple and delicious, winning combo in my book!

amycaseycooks said...

I do so love a good brownie. And I think the cream cheese makes a serving of one of these part of the dairy group.