Monday, October 19, 2009

Turkey Lasagna

If you are looking for a "gourmet" lasagna, this is the one for you! Ina Garten's recipe is one of my absolute favorites; and although a little expensive with the different types of cheeses, it's totally worth it! The creamy goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, and hearty meat sauce combine to make one delicious pasta dish.

I also enjoy how you don't actually have to boil the lasagna noodles - Ina instructs you just to place them in a bowl of very hot tap water for 20 minutes. Which works great for me - usually when I boil them I end up breaking them somehow.

The only change I make to this recipe is to use a 1 1/3 pound package of ground turkey instead of turkey sausage, so I will link you to it directly below. Of course I manage to make this into two full dinners, it is easily divided into two 8x8 baking dishes. If you do that, just break the lasagna noodles in half before placing them in the hot water, it will make it easier to layer them in the final product.
Enjoy!

Trust me, it's delicious, I just can't photograph it well!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I love Ina Gartens recipes. This sounds delicious. Bet its wonderful with turkey.

Karine said...

Different kind of cheeses adds so much flavors to the lasagna! I love your version :)

BMK said...

I need to try this one! Looks delicious!