Monday, September 28, 2009

Greek Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto

As you may know, I love to make and eat risotto, but sometimes it's a little tough during the week to find the time to make what can sometimes be a labor-intensive dish. When I really think about it though, the time spent standing there stirring the rice and broth around pretty much equals any other sort of nice meal I would make anyway, so I should really make it more often (or at least until I have a crying infant needing my attention)!

This one did not disappoint. Even Chuck, who is not wild about feta, enjoyed this because there were a lot of other flavors in there - the shrimp, asparagus, dill, and lemon. Everything combined to make a satisfying meal.

I didn't change anything about the original recipe except to use all chicken broth instead of water for some of it. I halved the recipe for Chuck and I and we ate it all in one sitting!

Here's the link:

7 comments:

Maria said...

The perfect fall comfort food!

elly said...

This looks great! Nice flavors!

Julienne said...

Yummm, might have to try this one out! Anything with shrimp in it is fine by me!

Peabody said...

Looks great...and I love all the feta on top!

Anonymous said...

YUM! how freaking delicious does THAT look!! :)

Pam said...

Great flavors in this dish. It looks really delicious.

sam said...

Oh man that looks delicious! I made risotto for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was tough getting it to cook right. Please tell me this is something I will get the hang of!