Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Whenever we go out to get ice cream, Chuck always chooses mint chocolate chip, so I really wanted to try and make it at home. This recipe was very good - Chuck loved that it uses mini chocolate chips so there is chocolate in every bite, rather than just every so often.

Obviously I didn't use the green food coloring, and I tried to make it a little lower in fat by using skim milk and light cream, which didn't work so well. The taste was still very good but it's definitely not as creamy as it should be. When I make this again I will just follow the original recipe!

I don't recommend that you change anything from the original so I will just link you to Food alla Puttanesca, where I found it!

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

4 comments:

Pickled Polkadot said...

I love mint choc chip. I'll definitely give this a whirl. :-)

Kira said...

So sorry it didn't quite work out. I've used 2% before, but skim is probably pushing it! Thanks for the link.

Leica said...

This is probably my hubby's favorite ice cream combination. I should get an ice cream maker and start doing ice cream as well.

Maris said...

Mint chocolate chip is so good, I love it because it's so refreshing. Adding M&Ms was genius :)