Monday, March 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake

I have had this recipe forEVER and sadly I can't cite it correctly. I am almost positive that it is from one of my summer school cooking classes I took back in middle school. It's that good that I saved it all this time (more time than I care to admit these days!) and still make it frequently. I have added the chocolate chips to the filling and topping and changed the amounts a bit; but otherwise it's pretty true to the original. What you get is a moist, chocolatey, crumbly piece of cake that's great for breakfast or all throughout the day. Enjoy!


Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
slightly adapted from "Middle School Cooking Class"
Makes about 16 servings

Cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream

Filling:
Mix together:
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Cream together sugar and butter in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Slowly beat in half flour mixture, half sour cream, half flour mixture, half sour cream into the butter mixture.

Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Spinkle half of the filling over the top. Spoon remaining batter on top, then remaining filling.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

5 comments:

Restaurants Brugge said...

Very tasty food I really like it. I will taste it but and try to my home base. thanks for the nice post.

Travel Links said...

very sweet and tasty food I like this food can thanks for the nice idea and instruction I love more than.

Meowiel said...

that looks really tasty! :)

http://princessedemiel.blogspot.com/

seo agency india said...

this is a very sweet and tasty food I like this food can thanks for the nice idea and instruction......

web design agency india said...

this is really testy food ...i like it ...thanks for sharing,...........