Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dinner for Four


I have been wanting to try braised short ribs for a long time; but it always seemed like too much effort for just the two of us, and they are too expensive for a large dinner party. So when my brother and his girlfriend set up a night with us to come over for dinner, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to put these on a menu!

The best thing about these short ribs is that you can make them up to THREE days in advance and just reheat. How great is that for a make-ahead dinner!? And I am assuming, as with all thing braised or stewed, that these just get better overnight.

I can't wait to report on how this all comes out!

Dinner for Four

Appetizers
  • Spicy dill dip with cut veggies
  • Olive and cheese plate with assorted crackers
  • Baked mozzarella and tomato basil antipasto with parmesan crostini

Dinner

  • Beef short ribs braised in red wine
  • Smashed garlic potatoes with blue cheese
  • Parmesan-roasted broccoli
  • Tomato flatbread

Dessert

  • Bakery cupcakes
  • Assorted chocolates

3 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Yum!! I can't wait to hear how they come out!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I can't wait to see how they come out! And I love that menu, it's so cohesive.

Unknown said...

this is going to be good!