I have been wanting to try braised short ribs for a long time; but it always seemed like too much effort for just the two of us, and they are too expensive for a large dinner party. So when my brother and his girlfriend set up a night with us to come over for dinner, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to put these on a menu!
The best thing about these short ribs is that you can make them up to THREE days in advance and just reheat. How great is that for a make-ahead dinner!? And I am assuming, as with all thing braised or stewed, that these just get better overnight.
I can't wait to report on how this all comes out!
Dinner for Four
- Spicy dill dip with cut veggies
- Olive and cheese plate with assorted crackers
- Baked mozzarella and tomato basil antipasto with parmesan crostini
- Beef short ribs braised in red wine
- Smashed garlic potatoes with blue cheese
- Parmesan-roasted broccoli
- Tomato flatbread
- Bakery cupcakes
- Assorted chocolates