Friday, January 29, 2010

Turkey & Pasta Primavera

Hmm, are you sensing a theme here? Quick-prep slow cooker recipes? If it means we have a hot dinner on the table in time to give Abbie a bath, I'll take it!

This was a pretty good meal; but I would definitely add more seasoning next time. I tried to be good and buy low-fat alfredo sauce but the only kind I could find was not very flavorful. So next time I will go for flavor over fat content!
I adapted the amounts a little bit to suit our needs. Otherwise, I pretty much followed the recipe - enjoy the simplicity!
Turkey & Pasta Primavera
Makes 3-4 servings

1 pound turkey breast tenderloins (or skinless, boneless chicken breast halves)
1 16-ounce package frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetables (sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, mushrooms)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces Alfredo pasta sauce
8 ounces linguine
shredded Parmesan cheese

Cut turkey into bite-sized pieces. In a (roughly) 4-quart slow cooker stir together turkey and frozen vegetables. Sprinkle with dried basil and oregano. Stir in alfredo sauce.

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and stir pasta into turkey mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

3 comments:

Erin @ OneParticular Kitchen said...

The colors are so pretty! Looks yummy. :)

Dave -nibbleanibble said...

The color looks a bit dull. But I wouldn't say the food is not good. Looks can be deceiving at many times.

In fact, a lot of times you see food that isn't colorful but it still really good. And even if a dish is very colorful, you might be wondering what the hell they've put in it.

savvygreenmom said...

This is gorgeous :) It reminds me of my mom's recipe that she makes every few days after Thanksgiving! YUM :) I am going to have to make this now and definitely use Kamut Khorasan Wheat pasta. Our family tried it for the first time last week and we are hooked!