Friday, October 8, 2010

Peanut Chicken Stir Fry

Since I get so many of my recipes from the internet these days, I like to take cookbooks out from the library so that I can browse them and save some recipes without paying for a whole cookbook. :) I often pass them over to Chuck and ask him to pick a few meals that he would like me to make - this was one of them.

This recipe was fairly easy to make - frozen vegetables and coleslaw mix shortens the prep time. Chuck and I both liked it but thought there wasn't enough peanut taste. Admittedly, I didn't sprinkle the final dish with peanuts like the recipe called for, but next time I will probably just use more peanut butter. I also served this over noodles to make more of a complete meal.


You can only access this recipe on the Pillsbury site if you are a member so I have copied it below for you. I halved the recipe for the two of us.

Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Makes 4-6 servings

1 tablespoon oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, carrots, and water chestnuts (or something similar)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon ginger
5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
3 cups purchased coleslaw blend
1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes to brown. Add frozen vegetables; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink.

Add all remaining ingredients except coleslaw and peanuts; cook 2 more minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in coleslaw; cook and stir 2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.

Serve over cooked pasta.

1 comment:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Oh man, anything with peanuts/peanut butter in it and I'm SO THERE! This looks so good and something my entire family would enjoy.

Thanks for sharing, it looks delicious!

Jenifer