Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars


If I had posted these bars before I chose my Top 10 Desserts, they definitely would have been included! I mean really, what's not to like? You have your cookie dough on top of a cheesecake layer on top of a graham cracker crust that is dotted with mini chocolate chips - heaven!

They took a little bit of time and effort because of the different components you have to make, but it's well worth it for the finished result! I normally don't line my pan with parchment paper (or foil, as I did here), even if the recipe tells me to, but I really recommend it with this one. Even when refrigerated, the bars are a little soft to cut, so taking out the whole pan of them really makes for nice, even bars.

I didn't make any other changes to this recipe except using low fat cream cheese (hey, gotta feel a little healthy, right?) so I will just link you to the blog, Dinner and Dessert, where I found these!

Pan lined with foil ready to bake...

and out of the oven.

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Exactly!! What the heck is not tolike. They sound decadent and delicious!

Erin said...

Weren't these heavenly? So glad you liked them!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Starring these for sure!

BMK said...

Yum! These look great.

elly said...

These look SO good. They're on my to-make list, too. I really need to work with more than 2 people so I can make stuff like this and then pawn a lot of it off on coworkers so I don't gain so much weight... :P

Anonymous said...

Starred the second I saw these! I seriously LOVE your blog! You have the BEST stuff!!

Molly Jean said...

The title alone had my mouth watering... but then I saw the pictures and I went to full on drooling. These look fabulous!

eatme_delicious said...

Yummmmmm I forgot about these! I must make them soon. They look amazing.

Bugaboo said...

Holy freakin' YUM! Wow.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This is something I definitely have to make soon - looks great!