Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cranberry Orange Mini-Muffins

Wow, I am behind with posting, I apologize! January has actually been a pretty busy month, with February looking even busier! But I promise to get to the blog and post all the yummy things I have been making in my kitchen.

So this is the last recipe to post from Christmas Eve Brunch. I took a basic recipe for muffins, added the ingredients I wanted to, and then baked them in mini-muffin form; resulting in a delicious little bite.

Cranberry Orange Mini-Muffins
Makes about 24 mini-muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, and orange extract. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened, add in cranberries.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, remove from cups and serve warm if desired.

1 comment:

Mmmm! for the love of food said...

These look very yummy! I've never tried Cranberry and Orange - perfect for the festive season I guess! I actually tried the same recipe not so long ago and I used blueberries and vanilla, they were delicious!