Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lemon Cream Cheese Mousse Cake

This cake was absolutely delicious - a perfect summer dessert. The taste of lemon, cream cheese, and graham cracker crust with a hint of white chocolate, all frozen together into one amazing treat.

It does take a bit of time to make - my kitchen was a disaster after I was finished because you need to use the food processor, electric mixer, saucepan, and several bowls; but believe me, it's worth it!

I would suggest removing the cake from the freezer at least 30 minutes before you want to eat it - otherwise it is very hard to cut and a little chilly to bite into. You can leave it out even longer but I was worried about it melting too much and losing it's shape.

The only thing I changed from the original recipe was to use crushed graham crackers instead of gingersnaps for the crust so I am going to direct you right to Peabody's website (she has prettier pictures anyway!):

8 comments:

elly said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds SO good! What a great summery dessert.

Rachel said...

This sounds like a perfect summer dessert! So nice and refreshing!!!

Cara said...

This sounds so good! Hopefully I can find an excuse to make it soon!

Stacy Hoover said...

This looks so yummy!!! Can't wait to give it a try!!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks amazing!! yum!

BMK said...

This looks absolutely perfect for summer! Love it!

Anonymous said...

WHoa this looks SOOOOOOOOo delicious! I'm starring now!

Mermaid Sews said...

Wow, that looks amazing, wish I could eat it. boo. Sorry I have been MIA, I have been so busy, but it has made me feel so bad not to have time to comment. Hope all is well.