Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spinach-Artichoke Bites and an Award!

I think it's pretty safe to say that Spinach-Artichoke dip is one of my all-time favorite snacks. So when I saw the recipe for that dip in bite-sized form, I saved it right away! Not to mention I already had some extra wonton wrappers just hanging out in my fridge.

These were very tasty, although I need to find a way to make the wontons a little crisper. I baked them as long as I could, but didn't want to burn them, so maybe brushing with an egg wash around the edges before baking? I will have to try it out and get back to you, but still, make these soon!

Spinach-Artichoke Bites
adapted from Daily Deliciousness
Makes 30 bites

30 wonton wrappers
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
dash of salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.

Mix cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, shredded cheese, mayo, and seasonings in a medium sized bowl.

Line prepares mini-muffin pan with wonton wrappers, lightly pressing into place to form a cup. Using a small spoon, fill each cup with mixture almost to the top.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are browned and crisp and the filling is hot and melty.
Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
All ready to go into the oven!

I was very surprised to receive the Blogging with a Purpose Award from Nicole of Test Kitchen Recipes! Thank you, Nicole - keep up the good work on your blog!


Melissa said...

Those look delicious, it's one of my favorite dips. I'll have to ake those next time we have company!

Katie said...

OH YUM!!! I could eat like 20 of these! :)

Kristen616 said...

Yum!! Spinach Artichoke is one of my favorites too, these bites look awesome!!!

mamakrystal said...

Oh yum, I might have to make a batch of these just for myself!!! LMAO. Looks great!

Shawna said...

Looks delicious! I like the addition of artichokes...it's a very versatile recipe! The bottoms of mine didn't turn out very crispy, but the tops did...I might spray the bottom with non-stick spray first or brush the cups with butter to help that... :) Great job!

Maria said...

Love those! They are perfect for a party!

Priscilla said...

I've never had spinach artichoke bites before but it looks like I need to!

Donna-FFW said...

What a perfect and unique appetizer. I will have to try these at my next gathering.

Sophie said...

I love that the wontons look like a chip cup :). These are a great appetizer and I bet they're easy to transport!

Paula and Skip said...

Look so yammy.......would pass the plate please, just one more time....

Pam said...

What a clever and tasty appetizer. I love spinach artichoke dip.

Kevin said...

Spinach and artichoke dip is one of my favorite dips as well. This sounds like a great way to enjoy some!

gaga said...

Oooh, delicious and pretty! Perfect party food!