Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sweet and Sour Pork

On Sunday nights I am usually too tired from all the weekend festivities to make a huge meal. So that's where the slow cooker comes in. This recipe was so simple, and I am really excited to try it again because I am going to switch up the sauce and also some of the add-ins. I'm thinking maybe Teryaki with some carrots and pea shoots.


I used pork tenderloin (as usual), and the pork came out tender and falling apart on the fork. If you have 10 minutes to prep this, I recommend making it soon!


Sweet and Sour Pork
from kraftfoods.com
Makes 6 servings

1-1/2 lb. pork loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1 bottle (10-12 oz.) sweet and sour Sauce
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained (I used water chestnuts)
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked


Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in slow cooker and top with onion. Pour broth and sweet and sour sauce over pork and onions. Set cooker to low and cook for 6-7 hours.


Add pineapple and green pepper and white rice to mixture, mix thoroughly. Cook on low for 20 minutes more or until rice is tender.

4 comments:

BMK said...

That looks really good. I'm bookmarking this one!

priscilla joy said...

I love this kind of food and it looks delicious!

The Blonde Duck said...

If only Ben would eat pork!

Maria said...

Joshua will love this one. Pork is his favorite!