Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Open-Faced Turkey Patty Melt

Ok, so if you are looking at my pictures for this, you will see that I did not make this open-faced. I actually made a lot of changes to the original recipe, but after tasting it (and hearing from my cousin that the original was quite tasty), I want to try these again as written. The only change I would actually make next time is to spread some Russian dressing to the bread to make it more of a "sloppy joe" taste. I would also suggest grilling these as well.

My favorite part of this was the sauteed onions, I may use them as a topping on other burgers in the future. They added such a nice, sweet flavor to the burger! This is delicious paired with cole slaw, roasted zucchini or some oven-roasted chili fries.

Since I am recommending the original recipe I will just link you to it here:

5 comments:

Karine said...

I agree with you: sauteed onions are versatile! Your dish sounds delicious :)

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds wonderful. Love the idea of a turkey melt.

Pam said...

I love caramelized onions on everything - especially burgers. It looks really tasty.

Anonymous said...

ANYTHING is better with carmelized onions. These look fantastic!

Julie said...

I'm usually not a big turkey fan but this looks really delicious!