Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bite-Sized Ricotta Coffee Cakes

Whenever I have ricotta cheese leftover I never know what to do with it because Chuck doesn't like the texture of it. So I either have to let it go to waste or find a way to trick him into eating it. These little guys seemed perfect - I have heard of ricotta in sweet cakes before, and I figured that once it was baked in he would never know the difference!

Going into the oven - as you can see by the finished product above, the streusel topping spreads out the top of the muffins, so be careful.

I am so glad that I made these - they are the perfect little bite-sized coffee cake. The ricotta cheese adds a nice dimension to the cake and the streusel is delicious with the oats. I didn't change anything from Cara's original recipe so I will just link you to it here:

Since I don't have two mini-muffin tins and wanted to bake these in a timely fashion, I decided to make a few regular-sized muffins as well. Watch these carefully and add about 10 minutes to the baking time of the mini-muffins. Delicious!

6 comments:

Cara said...

glad you liked them!

Anonymous said...

OH YUM! I love coffee cake but it's so bad for you - so this is PERFECT! I small delicious bite!

Everyday Cookin' said...

How ingenious is this idea - I'm loving this and I can totally see these on a buffet somewhere.

Meg said...

just ate one..deeeelicious

Donna-FFW said...

This looks delicious. I love the idea of the ricotta cheese inside.

eatme_delicious said...

Mmm great use of leftover ricotta! I have a bunch of ricotta in my fridge right now that I'm planning on making into muffins too.