Last year's celebration
My mom's birthday is this coming Sunday and I offered to cook instead of costing my dad an arm and a leg to take the whole family out to dinner. So I will be shopping and cooking with my sister all day. Meghan is a very good sous chef as well as the pastry chef, since we all know I am not good with any sort of precise things like layer cakes!
My mom requested some type of stuffed chicken with mashed potatoes, so I planned my menu around that. Happy Birthday, Mom!
Mom's Birthday Dinner
- Assorted cheese plate with crackers, breadsticks, and olives
- Baked artichoke squares
- Chicken breasts stuffed with prosciutto and sundried tomatoes
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Eggplant, tomato, and zucchini stacks
- Spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms, and warm shallot vinaigrette
- Garlic knots