Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Last Post?

Hello all to the two people out there still checking the blog for new recipes :)

It has probably become apparent over the last several months that my enthusiasm for posting new and exciting recipes has been waning. The land of food blogs has come a long way since I started back in 2008 and I haven't had the energy or time to keep up. New blogs pop up everyday and everyone who's anyone now has a light box to shoot their food, attends food photography classes and writes witty commentary to accompany their recipes.

So from here on out I will essentially be posting links to the recipes that I have made. I still cook dinner most weeknights and enjoy giving dinner parties large and small so I have recipes waiting to be shared. But I believe that for the time being it is better if I leave it at that. I think it will be a sense of relief to not be thinking about how to photograph my food before I eat it, or to make sure that I am making new meals with regularity so that I can post on a schedule.

Thank you to all of you who have read the blog over the years. I am keeping the blog address online so please feel free to continue to use the archives as well as check back if you want for my recipe links. (I guess I am essentially creating my own personal Pinterest board?) Maybe one day I will return to the land of blogs :)


Melissa said...

Good for you, but sad to see it end. I enjoy your blog and think of mine pretty much the same way- mostly a collection for myself to look up things I made and liked! I need to make those lava cakes again :)

Lauren said...

I will miss you!! :( (Not that my own blog is flourishing these days, lol.)

Mita said...

This is very sad, but I understand. You should only blog and post if you love it, and it shouldn't have to be a chore. I think your food has always looked fantastic and your blog is still very much appreciated.

Goodluck with everything.


Colleen said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies!

Susan said...

More than two readers!! I have your blog bookmarked and enjoyed reading it, but completely understand your position. I'll check back periodically for some new recipes. :)

- Ashley - said...

I have enjoyed reading and trying many of your dishes.

Anonymous said...

Sad to read this, but I understand as well. I'll continue checking back for new recipes, I've loved everything I've made from your blog. Thanks :)