Friday, September 10, 2010

Bacon Appetizer Crescents

Yes, another post with no photos - I do apologize! I brought these to a barbecue and neglected to take any pictures as they were being gobbled up by everyone. But I got so many compliments (and they are so EASY) I couldn't keep them all to myself. And you can look at some nice photos over on Delish where I found these!

You can pretty much change up the add-in ingredients here to suit your tastebuds, I can't wait to try some new variations! I wouldn't make these too far in advance, and if you do, warm them slightly before serving.

Bacon Appetizer Crescents
slightly adapted from Delish
Makes 32 pieces

1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
8 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, or 1/2 cup REAL Bacon Bits
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon milk
2 cans (8-ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick foil.

Mix together all ingredients except crescent rolls until well-blended. An electric mixer helps, but is not necessary.

Separate each can of dough into four rectangles on a work surface. Firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture; cover evenly. Roll up each rectangle (starting with the shorter side) and then cut each cylinder into 4 equal pieces with a serrated knife. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: